Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will the OCDSB provide busing or other transportation to and from the Extended Day Program?
No. Transportation to and from the extended day program is the responsibility of the parents/guardians of the child.
2. Will all schools with full day kindergarten offer the Extended Day Program?
No. Sufficient registration numbers will dictate whether a program is offered. Usually a minimum of 20 students is required for the Extended Day Program to be offered at a Full Day Kindergarten school.
3. How can I apply to work for an Extended Day Program?
Qualified Early Childhood Educators, including those currently at sites that are being replaced, are invited to visit the OCDSB’s career page and apply.
4. Can I enroll my child for only one or two days a week?
Programs run by the OCDSB allow for parents to enroll their child for specific days providing that the days are consistently the same each week. Third party providers of programs cannot do this.
5. Can I enroll my child mid year?
Yes. Fill in a registration form close to the time of year when you need your child to enter the program.
6. Is my child automatically enrolled in the program for PA days, March Break, and Christmas Holidays?
In OCDSB programs you will be required to do a separate registration closer to these times. Third party providers of programs have included these days in their blended fees; therefore, you would already be registered for them.