2011-2015 Strategic Planning Map Detail
The OCDSB is a dynamic, creative learning organization that fosters the achievement, well-being and dignity of every student. As a global leader in public education, we:
How we will know we have achieved our vision:
1. The 90% graduation rate goal is on track to be met or met by or in advance of 2020 target.
2. The Board is meeting annual targets for student achievement results in the Board Improvement Plan, that exceed provincial results, on average, by 5% and reduce the gaps for identified sub-groups.
3. All School Improvement Plans are developed in partnership with school community and establish targets for student achievement and well-being in alignment with Board Improvement Plan and student well-being framework.
4. The District has a framework for student well-being, including measures and indicators of success and attains annual targets for improvement to services and supports for student well-being.
5. All of our schools have active community partnership programs that support the school as a community hub.
6. Full-day kindergarten is offered in all of our schools supported by vibrant extended day programs.
7. All students have equitable access to a choice of high quality programs.
8. The school climate survey results indicate improvement in students level of comfort and safety at school.
9. The school district is recognized as a top employer in the community.
10. The District has a clear and commonly understood governance framework and efficient and effective decision-making process.
Our mission is educating for success – inspiring learning and building citizenship using the pillars of well-being, engagement, learning and leadership to support and inspire students and staff by:
Four Key Priority Areas
1. Well-Being - Enhance safe, caring and respectful learning and working environments