The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board operates Parenting and Family Literacy Centres in eight elementary schools with the support of the Ministry of Education. The Parenting and Family Literacy Centres offer fun, play-based activities within a school setting for parents, grandparents and caregivers with children birth to six years old.
While at the Centre, families can:
- Participate in a variety of early learning activities to help children develop literacy and numeracy skills.
- Become familiar with school routines and get involved in their child’s learning.
- Obtain information on community resources.
- Discuss parenting concerns with the Program Facilitator.
- Borrow books from the multilingual book library.
For more information about the Centres, please contact 613-596-8211 ext. 8942 or email PFLC@ocdsb.ca.