Skip Ribbon Commands

Adults - Getting Your High School Diploma

    OCDSB > Programs > Continuing Education > Secondary School Credit Programs

Continuing Education - Learn More, Be More!


Are you a Mature Student?
A mature student is 18+ years of age and has been out of school for a year or more.

Do you need a High School Diploma? 
You will need to collect your educational documents (such as transcripts, report cards, certificates, resume, etc) and call us for an appointment at 613-239-2620. You may also e-mail us at
guidance@ocdsb.caFor more information please view our brochure

Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) and Mature Student Evaluation (MSE)
MSE and PLAR are formal evaluation and credit-granting processes for mature students who would like to earn an Ontario Secondary School Diploma. Your age and where you received your original education will determine which process will be used.

Students who attended a secondary school in Ontario prior to 1999 can apply for maturity credits through the
MSE. Students who received their education outside Ontario or who entered an Ontario Secondary school after 1999 are eligible for PLAR.

Students may wish to blend one or more of these programs:

1) The Adult Cooperative Education Program
Question & Answer Sheet
Cooperative Education Brochure

2) The Private Study Program

Start your plan for success! Call 613-239-2620 for an appointment!

For more details on specific programs offered by Continuing Education, contact us at: Continuing Education, 440 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ont., K1R 5B5. Phone: 613-239-2325; Fax: 613-239-2679 Email: