Sir Wilfrid Laurier Secondary School is part of a community-based complex. Sir Wil encourages all students to develop leadership skills through participation in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities in athletics, student council, the arts, and student clubs.
The school strives to provide a positive and safe environment in which students, staff, and parents are committed to excellence and the creation of socially responsible, adaptable learners who are prepared to make an effective contribution to the community. The school motto, ‘Wil Power,’ is used to emphasize Respect: Respect for Self, Respect for Others, and Respect for Community and the Environment.
Sir Wil is recognized as one of the leading schools in the use of information technology in the classroom.
In addition to the technology focus, the school offers a full French Immersion Program along with Core French. Artistic students can expand their knowledge and skills through the comprehensive Music, Visual Art, and Drama offerings. Our Special Certiﬁcate programs include Construction Technology, New Media Design, Broadcasting Technology, and International Studies. The Cooperative Education Program provides our students with a wide range of work opportunities. Sir Wil also offers Specialist High Skills Majors in: Construction (House Building); Information and Communications Technology (Digital Media, Broadcasting); Sports (Broadcasting). The Link Crew Program provides students with the opportunity to develop skills in leadership and to mentor younger students.
• Diverse ethno-cultural student body of approximately 1,037.
• A broad Interscholastic Sports Program. Our teams have experienced great success in football, rugby, swimming, cross-country running, and basketball.
• An active Student Council involved in developing various activities such as coffee houses, dances and humanitarian endeavours.
• Drama and music students perform regularly in the school and community.
• A wide array of unique technology courses including broadcasting, robotics, and media design.
Phone: 613-834-4500Fax: 613-834-4511www.sirwil.caPrincipal: Barry ArmstrongVice-PrincipalsKaarina GagnerAl PenneySuperintendent of Instruction: Neil Yorke-SladerEnrolment: 1037Format: Semestered