Summer Programs for Grade 8 students
A number of summer programs are available through Continuing Education to help your child prepare for secondary school. To learn more visit www.ocdsb.ca/continuweb.
- Language Arts for English Language Learners (ELL) — a dynamic, interactive program focusing on the improvement of skills and language learning for students in ESL or ELD programs for Stage 1 and 2 ESL, stage 1-4 ELD.
- Remedial Language Arts and Math — program designed to boost student’s skills in Language Arts and Math based on current teaching approaches for students working at Level 2 or below.
- Get Ready for Grade 9 Math — a program designed to further develop the core knowledge, understanding of math concepts and skills needed for the grade 9 academic math program.
- Reach Ahead Credit Program — provides an opportunity for students to acquire a credit in July.
- Principles of Mathematics (MPM1D)
- Geography of Canada (CGC1D)
- Introduction to Information Technology in Business (BTT1O)