A new elementary school will be constructed in Kanata North for September 2016. The public consultation process associated with the opening of that new school has now concluded and the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board, at its meeting on the evening of June 22, 2015, approved the following motions:
· THAT the grade, program offering and attendance boundary for the New Kanata North elementary school be approved as shown in Appendix D of Report No. 15-074, with the school offering a JK-5 grade structure for September 2016, and a phase-in of grade 6 the following year;
· THAT for September 2016, the revised attendance boundaries for Jack Donohue Public School, Roland Michener Public School, Stephen Leacock Public School, W. Erskine Johnston Public School and Earl of March Secondary School (grades 7 and 8) be approved as shown in Appendix D of Report No. 15-074;
· THAT students enrolled in the English program at W. Erskine Johnston Public School in 2015-2016 from the Arcadia development area be given a one-time option to remain at W. Erskine Johnston Public School;
· THAT students enrolled in the grade 7 English and Early French Immersion programs at Earl of March Secondary School in 2015-2016 from the triangle-shaped area in Morgan’s Grant community (bounded by Klondike Road, the hydro transmission lines, Terry Fox Drive and Second Line Road) be allowed to remain at Earl of March Secondary School for grade 8 in 2016-2017; and
· THAT the younger siblings (born in 2015 or earlier) of students residing in the Arcadia development area and enrolled in W. Erskine Johnston Public School in 2015-2016 be given a one-time option to attend W. Erskine Johnston Public School.
A full copy of Report No. 15-074, including the appendices and maps referenced in the motions listed above, can be found below.
Additional information regarding the new school and expected student movement for September 2016 will be forthcoming during the next school year.