English as a Second Language

If you are new to Canada, have a school-aged child, and English is not your first language, the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board’s Family Reception Centre can assist you with enrolling your child in school. The Centre’s staff will provide student assessment and guidance for English language learners and their families. Please call 613-239-2416 for assistance.

Parents/legal guardians with Admissions department, diplomatic status, on work or study visas, or who have refugee status should make an appointment with the Admissions department. You will need to bring your immigration documents, immunization records, and previous school records.

For our adult learners, our Continuing Education department offers an English as a Second Language (ESL) Program. The classes are free of charge to Canadian citizens (not born in Canada), landed immigrants, permanent residents, convention refugees and refugee claimants.

To find out how to register for the English as a Second Language Program, please visit the Continuing Education website. For more information please read our ESL and English Literacy Development (ELD) factsheet.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.