infoIn person appointments with the Admissions department are suspended until further notice, but we can still be reached at 613-596-8731 or by email at

Welcome to the OCDSB
Everyone is Welcome Here!

Our schools are vibrant, enthusiastic, inclusive learning communities where we nurture creativity and challenge students to achieve their best. Our vision is to foster the achievement, well-being, and dignity of every student.

New to Canada?

The Family Reception Centre is designed to help if English is not your first language. Staff can also assist with new Permanent Residents to Canada, returning from abroad or from a French language school board. Please call our Family Reception Centre at 613-239-2416 to make an appointment.
 Step 1  Find Your School   find your school logo

Use our school locator to find your child's designated school. This is the school your child should attend based on where you live in Ottawa.

If you would like to register your child in an OCDSB school that is not their designated school, you will need to apply for a cross-boundary transfer. Please be advised that not all cross-boundary transfers are approved

  Step 2  COMPLETE Registration Form  registration form icon

You can complete the OnLine Registration form below.

Secondary school registrants must call the school directly to make an appointment.

The following secondary schools now have OnLine Registration: 

A.Y Jackson SS, Bell HS, Brookfield HS, Cairine Wilson SS, Colonel By SS, Earl of March SS, Glebe CI, Gloucester HS, Hillcrest HS, John McCrae SS, Lisgar CI, Longfields-Davidson Heights SS, Merivale HS, Nepean HS, Osgoode Township HS, Richard Pfaff Alternate, Ridgemont HS, Sir Robert Borden HS, Sir Wilfrid Laurier SS, South Carleton HS, Urban Aboriginal Alternate HS, West Carleton SS, Woodroffe HS.

Parents can complete the OnLine Registration form at the following link:
New JK/SK Registration
If you are registering your child for JK or SK for the first time, please complete the following:
  Step 3  Collect Documents & Contact Designated School

 contact us

Once you have submitted your on-line registration form, you will receive an email with further instructions 

Don’t forget to collect all of the supporting documents you will need to register your child:

  1. Your child's proof of age (one of the following):
    • birth certificate,
    • baptismal certificate,
    • registration of birth card, or
    • passport.
  2. Parent/Child’s proof of address:
    • tax bill, or
    • assessment notice, or
    • purchase of sale agreement, or rental agreement for a separately assessed unit,
    • along with two current utility bills and car insurance ( Driver’s license not accepted)
  3. Your child’s Ontario health card. Note: Registration cannot be completed without proof of age and address. 

In addition to the above, please bring with you (if applicable):

  • credit counselling summary or transcript,
  • Most recent report card,
  • If your child has an IEP or Special Education requirements, please provide a copy, and
  • Any issues regarding Access or Guardianship, please provide documentation.

Contact Us

Resources iconResources 
registration form iconForms
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.